Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Accident

On the way to get a friend to take her to lunch for her birthday, I saw a very bad car accident at the intersection of 1050 and Riverdale Road off to the left.  I went through the intersection as the light was green.  I was looking at the accident and ironically thinking "that suuuckkkss" and then BAM!  I ran into the back of the explorer you see below. The explorer then kissed the car in front of it.  I guess traffic had stopped and I didn't. Until it was to late.  Luckily, no one was seriously injured!!  Thankfully!! 


My poor minivan baby.

I NEVER thought I'd miss a minivan.  But I do.  I really, really do.  

The air bag did deploy and left me with this beaut of a burn.  Again, very thankful to not have had any other injuries!!

Warning: the next pic is somewhat graphic.








I am so grateful for insurance and let me tell you that this accident showed me how grateful I am to have moved from State Farm insurance to Travelers!!!  There are not enough exclamation points for that expression.  The 1st business day after the accident, I got a call back from the claim adjuster.  I received a call from our agent to make sure we were okay.  I also got a call from the guy who was assessing the damage!  Everyone was on top of their game that day and I couldn't help but tell them how much their great customer service was appreciated!  The assessor even offered to grab a little thing that was left in the van and deliver it himself! 

The accident brought with it confusion, guilt, an a whole array of emotions along with it. Not to mention how it has turned our lives upside down for the past 3 weeks. Getting the claim all taken care of and a generous check within a week and 1/2 of the accident was a treat!  If you are looking for a new insurance company that is reliable and fair, Travelers is for you.  Also, Bret Weston was and has been fantastic to work with.  He even sent us a little Sorry-for-your-accident consolation gift.

If you don't remember the hell we went through with the last accident, here's a little refresher course.
There are 3 parts to the saga.  You will find the links for part 2 and 3 at the bottom of the 1st post.

No comments: