Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Funny Family Quote time again!

So, Ellyse LOVES to sing the songs that she knows, repeatedly. It's bittersweet that our ward is blessed with a wonderful singing time leader because Ellyse learns these songs so easily with her. These songs are the ones that continually get hashed out in the back seat of our cars over and over again as we drive around. (I never thought I'd be sick of "We thank Thee O God for a prophet!")

An EXTREMELY popular song that she remembers A LOT is "I am a child of God." And I'm pretty sure these are the correct lyrics..
1. I am a child of God.
2. And He has sent me Here.
3. Has given me an Earthly home.
4. With parents kind and dear. (How many of you parents think this is correct?)
5. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
6. Help me find the way,
7. Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him someday.
2nd verse - in place of 2-4
2. And so my needs are great.
3. Help me to understand His words
4. Before it grows too late.
5. Lead me...

So, our ward's working on the second verse a little and this is Ellyse's version of the 2nd verse

Lines 1-2
3. Before my knees are gray
4. And so we are luuuccckkkkee ee ee
5. To understand his words
or ANYTHING really, that comes to her mind.

I wish way too many times that I carried around a tape recorder constantly.

1 comment:

Carly said...

I love the "knees are gray" part. So cute.