Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ice Skating

 Last weekend we were able to take the girls ice skating for their first time.  We've been meaning to get there for a while because they earned it by reading their scriptures.  Unfortunately, it took us a while to finally fulfill their request.
 It's pretty cool to have something like this so close to home!
Ellyse absolutely LOVED it.  Allie, not so much. 

Allie was basically screaming for about 70% of the time.  I thought I'd be able to get some photos out on the ice. May be even a video but I was so busy helping Allie avoid screaming and watching Ellyse excel that I didn't get much of a chance. It took Allie quite a bit of time to be able to skate by just holding hands. I figured out that if I held her in between my legs while skating, she could actually enjoy it a bit more. :)   

Ellyse keeps asking when we can go again. It makes me happy to know that she likes ice skating. When we have asked her in the past if she'd like to do some of the normal kid activities like soccer, tumbling, etc. she's not always been so willing. 

Ellyse may even be taking lessons here soon.  I'd love for her to have to earn some of the money for the lessons so she's more motivated. I'm not quite sure how to go about this though.  Any ideas are welcome.

No comments: