Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet Saturday

There's a new cupcake shop in town and as soon as I found out about it I've wanted to go to there. (30 Rock) Even more so after there was a groupon for the cupcakery.

I took the kids to the Vintage Cupcake Co in Ogden and then because we'd tried before and it was closed, I took them to the Candy Land Shoppe behind the Newgate mall too. You know, because cupcakes the size of my fist isn't enough sugar.

It was darling inside, all bright and cheery and pink! My pictures don't do it justice at all. I was trying to get all the cuteness of the chandeliers and cute painting job and I failed to notice the BIG WHITE POLE smack dab in the middle.
Ellyse got the chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting. Hate to admit this but the frosting was awful. Even she thought it tasted weird....but she still ate it all.
Don't get vanilla frosting for sure.
Allie however, chose very wisely. When I was first told this was a cotton candy cupcake I may have gagged a little bit. Then I tasted it and it was one of the best. I would order this one again for sure.

I think this one is pretty self explanatory, vanilla cookie cupcake.
This was the peanut butter cupcake. I got this one for Jason. He seemed to like it okay but I wasn't a huge fan.

What?

I had to taste everybody else's.

You think I wouldn't?

BTA. Pretty darn close!

Off to Candy Land shoppe.

You guys, it's soo cute in here. I really like all the bright colors and the all the fun candy. They are really nice store owners too. I feel bad it's not a more busy place because it's so cute. I know, total girly answer.



They have what I like to call the sixlets bar. They have all kinds of different colored sixlets separated into bins. So if you were say, throwing a baby shower for a baby boy, you could come get a bag or container full of all blue sixlets as favors or decorations or something. I thought that was so fun but I forgot to get a picture of it.
Look at those chocolate covered rice krispie treats that you can use to decorate a candy bouquet (also available at this store) or just to eat for fun. Way cute!

If you're ever in the neighborhood, you should stop in and see these places for yourself! You'll be happy you did.

Jillian Michaels DVD will be getting a big workout this week.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Whoa... why didn't you get me some?

Marilynn said...

I've tried the cupcakes at Vintage and just recently went into the Cany Shoppe. Cupcakes - not so good, kind of on the dry side; Candy Shoppe - cute, like you described and I could just buy a few of the candies I wanted, not a whold bag. I'll go there again because the gal that helped me was really nice!