Friday, November 19, 2010

Humility

Most days we go about our days business, showering, eating, working, playing, relaxing and everything becomes habit. It comes naturally. However, every once in a while it seems as if the Holy Spirit reaches out and reminds us we need to look outward. A few months ago I posted a link to Miss Preslee Jo Sullenger's mom's website about praying for others. I honestly prayed for this little girl but did not pay much more attention to the proceedings of the blog. A lot of you did. You mentioned to me that my post of a link made you cry. I had to ask You how it ended. I feel ashamed of myself for this.

I eventually went back to the blog to read about how little Preslee had slipped back home to our Heavenly Father and tears ran down my cheeks. My thoughts raced to my own two little girls and the thought of how difficult it must've been for Preslee's parents to do what they did. Or any set of parents, for that matter, who lose a child to do what they are forced to do. It puts into perspective how stupid little things are. I wish I could carry this spirit with me always. Always remembering that each moment is a gift. Every single second. My life would be shattered into millions of pieces without any of my loved ones with me. I am so grateful for them, for you.

Preslee's 2nd birthday is coming up in December and because her mom doesn't know how she's going to get through the day, she wants to look outward. They are gathering things to provide aid to those parents who are facing life with or without their precious children. They are gathering items for the parents of the children in the pediatric intensive care unit at Primary Children's Medical Center in SLC. If you would like to help out the cause please gohere for the details.

No comments: