Thursday, April 2, 2020

My 40th!

I have a really hard time editing this blog due to a few different factors so please forgive the order of the pictures and videos.

You guys, my birthday was The. Best. Birthday. Ever!! Jason and my family went above and beyond! 

After lunch and shopping all day with my mom in Farmington station, we headed back home to what I thought was us 4 going out to eat for dinner.  I came home and Jason was alone. The girls were at Smith's, according to Jason.  This didn't seem unreasonable as they often walk there with friends or when they have money. I showed Jason all my new treasures and then my mom left.  Jason said he was going to sell a phone quick and then said we were going to go to The Prairie Schooner for dinner.  He said he'd be back in about 10 minutes and to be ready to go. I was so caught up in playing with my new decor and stuff, I was oblivious to the inconsistencies around me. 

Ten minutes later, I received a text from Jason saying to check under my pillow.  I knew then that it was a scavenger hunt with probably a surprise party at the end. The scavenger hunt was set up in Winegar's and I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.  It was so fun.  I didn't know if people were going to jump out at me or if they were watching me or what.  

I get done with the scavenger hunt and it tells me to to drive to the church and that's where I find this.
















Here are a few examples of what the clues looked like. Each one had a rhyme on it that I had to solve to go to the next item. 





These flowers were actually from Valentines Day but my mom took them on my birthday since she was there.





The party was FABULOUS! I felt so loved and spoiled and it was just amazing! Then, as if that wasn't enough, I came home to this.  The balloons were filled with different reasons they loved me.

That weekend we also were able to go to The Anniversary Inn and we went to eat and I just got pampered. It was seriously the best birthday ever!!  I'm the luckiest! 40 may not be so bad after all. 

Jason's funny mistake on the back side. 


No comments: