Monday, August 10, 2015

Family Vacation 2015. Grand Teton National Park

 Jason took a lot of the really good photo's!   

 Colter Bay Lodge.  Namesake for Mr. Colter.
 Our little miss selfie got a hold of the phone to take photo's of the face painting that we did.

 Miss Emma used her 'special paint' (water) to paint Padre's nails, face, arms, etc.  Kept her quite busy!

Minute to win it games!!  So incredibly fun!!

Sorry for the shaky quality.   A little miss was taping.  Still so incredibly funny from what you can see.

Face painting display

 Britt and I jogged along this road at noon.  It was fun but also very hot and sweaty.

I went on a little hike and ran into the deer with the 'scarf' on.  He was tagged with a plastic thing around his neck.  We thought it appropriate to dub it a scarf.  If you look closely below, you can see his 'tail' end. ;)

String Lake.  Quite breathtakingly beautiful!  The Rock had a spot to jump off of.  Grandpa Brent was the only one to make it out to the rock.

Let me introduce you to my little friend. ;)
 Mr. Fox was quite conditioned to accept our goldfish, hang out in our camping area and lie down and take a little breather under our picnic table. 

The visitor center at the edge of the park.
What a view!

The last night we spent closer to Jackson.  We were all in one fun little cabin.  We enjoyed our night out on the town in Jackson with dinner at a Mexican restaurant and ice cream from this little homemade ice cream shop.  Yummy!!

On our way home, I decided to try and find my grandparent's grave. I hadn't visited their grave in about 10 years.  I thought it was about time to pay a visit. I thought it was located in Malad but come to find out it was in Tremonton. We had quite the time trying to get to that particular spot in Tremonton that day!  Siri guided us literally to the middle of a corn field, my mom didn't know the name of the cemetery, neither did my dad. We were on the phone getting directions and the call got dropped.   Then when we got back on the phone, my dad told me to turn right instead of left, then on about the 20th time trying to find it, we FINALLY got to the cemetery.  But then, we had find the actual headstone.  Oy!  Plus, the sprinklers were on at 2 in the afternoon.  Really Tremonton?  Really?   It was a crazy story we'll have to tell them in the hereafter.

 One of my favorite moments!  The little miss T was so tired and after about 20 minutes of walking around, she bit the dust on my shoulder.  So fun and worth the back ache!!

What a fantastic trip!!  As always, the Wood's went above and beyond to make us all happy!  

No comments: