Thursday, August 13, 2009

The saddest thing.


The other day, out of nowhere, Lesee comes up to me and says, Mom, how come nobody says that I'm pretty? Everybody tells Allie how cute she is and no one tells me I'm pretty.

Excuse me while I wipe my tears. Gimme a minute.

Shocked and dismayed, I took her little face in my hands and I looked into her beautiful brown-green eyes and told her. Ellyse, you are beautiful! She hasn't said a word about it since but holy crap what a kicker in the pants! I know that little Allie is darling but look. Look at this face, how could something so beautiful think she wasn't?
I'm asking a favor, if you see E anytime soon, will you make it a point to tell her that she's THE MOST BEAUTIFUL KID IN THE WORLD? Okay, okay, so you don't have to go THAT far, but at least a little bit? Please?
What a major reminder to me to beef up the compliments in the house. Yikes.

No comments: